5 am

Saturday, July 28, 2007


Illustration for a set of 4 ceramic tiles

5 am - coffee and one of my favourite times of the day. I'm actually up 15 minutes early this morning. Sitting in my office, at my laptop, both windows wide open and a wonderful breeze blowing off the harbour, the sky just beginning to lighten, and all you can hear is the rustle of the leaves in the trees and the birds just beginning to chirp & sing ... and it's another brand new day. I'm almost always optimistic and hopeful this time of day...anything is possible. It's how I feel nearly every morning. I admit to often veering off that state of mind during the day when the rumblings and noise of day-to-day life, the busyness, can blow me off course and I how I felt at 5 am becomes a distant memory. This happens far too many days but thankfully - another early morning with my coffee is always just around the corner ...
another brand new day.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hey ! We LOVE comments here at 29 Black Street.
Thanks for stopping by.