still pulsing

Friday, October 12, 2007


I bought this little print on Etsy yesterday...and I love it!

Many other beautiful prints can be found from German illustrator/artist Katrin at her Etsy shop seasprayblue.

5:25 am warm, still, quiet morning. The two big windows of my studio are wide open and it's completely quiet out there ... and I sit, as usual, by the light of my laptop, breathing in the aroma of my first cup of coffee. This is my favourite time of the day - new, perfect, unspoiled & hopeful and if it doesn't pan out the way I'd hoped, I can start all over again fresh tomorrow.

I'm going to begin, this weekend, the reno/redo/decorating of my giant upstairs hallway - (I'll be sure to take before photos) which I've always wanted to turn into a library area, finally get all my books and magazines and reference material in one spot, just outside my office. Also have plans to have a few custom pieces made for this area (very affordable locally) and those measured drawings need to be done. A storage credenza, a window seat and a giant radiator cover. The rest is paint and labour and lots of CBC radio to keep me company.

Pulsed that food processor lots both last night and the night before. I made a giant batch of hummus and then a huge batch of basil pesto last night. How satisfying & comforting to know that I have bags full of pesto cookies tucked away safely in my freezer. This time I did a smaller batch of basil without the Parmigiano Reggiano or pine nuts so that I could use these plain intense basil cookies in Thai Emerald Curry (broccoli, peas, green beans, green pepper, green curry paste, coconut milk & a big blob of fresh basil) served with Jasmine rice. Today I'll make the Italian Parsley pesto (just oil, lemon & parsley) and freeze it as well in cookies. Great to add later to a big pot of seafood chowder or stew. I considered making Brioche dough from the Baking with Julia (Child's) Cookbook, thinking that I needed a food processor for this recipe (for some reason I've always wanted to try and make Brioche dough, with a capital B - it's probably the inner French girl) but ... you actually need a heavy duty stand mixer (which Harry also has) so that's for another weekend. But ... I'm sure I'll come up with a few more recipes that involve "pulsing".

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hey ! We LOVE comments here at 29 Black Street.
Thanks for stopping by.