carrying on

Tuesday, July 22, 2008


another favourite polaroid from the vault - Michael

A summer polaroid, from long ago. The same Michael, the nephew who's just turned 20 and is about to enter his third year of university. His blog is here.

So now it's Tuesday which is always so much better than Monday - at least this week. Tuesday's are for carrying on ... the plan's been loosely mapped out on Monday, a list of items to cross through, as the week progresses, with lime green highlighter, and a new list compiled each evening of accomplishments, the little things that for some reason never made it to the big list but never the less must count for something. All the components for my etsy shop opening have either been ordered or samples are on their way. Photographs are now being printed with vibrant coloured inks on heavy watercolour paper, archival mats are being custom cut and shipped east and samples of cellophane sleeves, envelopes and kraft card mailers are winging their way here. Mailing labels and a Susan Black Design promo card/bio to slip in each sleeve are being designed by moi. Several new illustration prints are in my head, clear as day and need to spill out now, to be painted on paper. There's still lots to do, so many little pieces ... but it's all gradually coming together. For today I'll just carry on ...

It was a sleepless night last night. No Worry & Fret hangin' out with me - just no sleep, or very little. I was awake off and on from 2:30 am. I don't feel tired this morning, I'm happy with my coffee and the birds, Winnie Dixon snoring at my feet and the sky just beginning to turn pale blue outside my window.

There's rain in the forecast for today ... and you know how I do love the rain

9 comments:

  1. Ooh, sounds like things are coming together! I can't wait to go etsy-shopping. :)

    Hope you've got your hatches battened, sounds like NS is going to get that tropical storm. The CBC hasn't resorted to reports that involve the sound of howling wind and pounding rain, yet, though, so I'm guessing it's not too bad so far! Have a good rainy Tuesday.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good morning. I'm glad today is appearing to be a little bit better for you. If it helps...it's raining here, too! :)

    I'm looking forward to your etsy shop!

    Take care.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Send some of that rain my way! Summers with below average rainfall raise my anxiety level big time up here in the Rockies. During my trip I drove through so much smoke and saw in the distance several big fires. The best cure and deterrent...rain. Beautiful rain.

    ReplyDelete
  4. looking forward to seeing all of your art and photos on etsy...

    we may get some thunderstorms later... but after HOT yesterday... that's fine with me. Today is cool enough to turn on the oven at least...need to bake bread..may as well do muffins too..the freezer is empty of goodies or "baddies" as I call them....

    ReplyDelete
  5. I don't know, Susan. I'm having just as much trouble with Tuesday as I had with Monday. Maybe, probably, it's the awful heat! I am happy about your new shop and look forward to seeing it!

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a cutie, that Michael! Looks like he's "all business" on the beach the way all little boys can be.
    No wonder you've got such a soft spot for him. :)

    V

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your mailing ads for your home or what?

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi mmm,

    I can see why my description was confusing. I now have an etsy shop set up called 29 Black Street and that name has become like a sub brand of susan black design. These matted art prints/greeting cards will come with an envelope in a cellophane sleeve and there will be a little 29 Black Street promo/bio (like an artist's statement kind of card) in each as I also plan to peddle these wares at a friend's gift and decor store here in the village - he's alway having customers looking for items made by local artists/designers. This venture has nothing to do with selling this old brick cottage here at 29 black street.

    Hope that clears up the confusion.

    thanks, S

    ReplyDelete
  9. You know, I was confused about that, too, Susan and was afraid to ask. I know how much you adore 29 Black Street. Ahhh....I'm relieved! :)

    ReplyDelete

Hey ! We LOVE comments here at 29 Black Street.
Thanks for stopping by.