peeper

Sunday, July 6, 2008




this little guy kept me company while working in the front garden yesterday

Whenever I have an encounter with an animal, bird or insect that seems a little unusual, rare or out of the ordinary I always consult Animal Medicine to see what message is being sent my way. I've lived in this old house for 15 years and this is only the second frog I've ever seen in my garden. I have this set of cards and book or you can just Google (for example) - animal totem frog. Try it, it's often amazing how the message being sent to you by these different animal messengers is what you need to hear at that particular moment in time. Sometimes it's comforting and always - it's thought provoking (and you know how much I love to provoke those thoughts. Wink). Much like consulting a Tarot card I suppose, but with my love and respect of all the amazing creatures that share our world - Animal Medicine seems the perfect thing for me.

And sure enough the message from frog medicine could not be more bang on, right now ... at this moment in my life.

Frog - cleansing

The frog is the totem of metamorphosis.
It symbolizes coming into your personal power.
When the frog jumps into your life it may indicate
now is a time to find opportunities in transition.
It reminds us not to become bogged down with day-to-day living.

It is the totem of water ..
Its voice calls forth the rains.
Emotions are associated with water and
a frog totem may be telling you to get in touch with your feelings.

It brings cleansing power through tears of sorrow or joy.
Frog knows the importance of releasing our pains with a shower
of cleansing water so we can transform into who we are meant to be.

A reminder for me that from all these tears will come healing, and from this healing will come transformation & metamorphosis. I know this to be true ... I just needed to be reminded.

This little frog is a Northern Spring Peeper and didn't he or she pick the most perfect pink peony to sit in.





5 comments:

  1. What a little prince! He's absolutely adorable in his little royal throne of fuchsia velvet.
    I remember you telling me of the Animal Totems when you got your kit years ago. Ever since, when I see an animal out of the ordinary (or the same ones over & over within a short period) I always think of the animal totems. Just last Saturday morning, we saw a wood thrush (I’ll relate that amazing story in my blog so as not to fill yours up), a doe and her new baby (and it was spotted Susan ... the tiny ones … just the size of a little dog!) and a black bear just at the outskirts of town.
    I haven't yet checked them out in the totems, but I was thrilled to have had the fortune of seeing them all in one morning. I was sure it was a sign.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What beautiful pictures you took. The message of the frog seems to be just for you at just this time in your life. How perfect.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The photographs you took are delightful. He certainly shows good taste in his abode.Such a beautiful encounter.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Aww! He is a cute little peeper! This animal medicine thing is very intriguing!! I am going to start paying more attention. I have had some interesting animal encounters that I knew were there to give me a special message.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Remember a song by Peter Gabriel... and a line that goes ..

    yeh... lady kiss that frog, let him sit beside you, eat right off your plate....

    I like that song...

    and I love the little peeper. For some reason in previous posts I thought peepers were some type of little bird with a peeping sound...silly me..I must have missed the description somewhere along the line...

    ReplyDelete

Hey ! We LOVE comments here at 29 Black Street.
Thanks for stopping by.