pinks

Wednesday, July 2, 2008


pinks

Sigh. More peony Polaroid loveliness. The colours, the pinks, the chartreuse green and the soft dreamy focus. Love it ...

Well thankfully it's over for another year. The madness and loudness of July 1st. The fireworks did go on, my wishes and prayers for rain went unanswered, they were shockingly loud and seemed to go on way too long. After years of living with assorted dogs and cats who become totally freaked by fireworks I've grown to really dislike them myself. Anyway ... it's over. Smile.

I had quite a restless sleep last night but I finally had a dream about my boy. Honestly it was the first dream I've had about him, at least that I can remember. Nothing dramatic or particularly exciting. His handsome red self, my Jake, had a starring role in a choppy weird dream about home restoration and renovation. I so vividly remember spending sometime rubbing his ears and scratching his lovely red neck and reminding him of how much I loved him. Just a little bit more than life itself - is what I always told him. Big Sigh.

Seems I've been given several blog awards in the last little bit. All very sweet and thoughtful and I'm very honoured to be chosen for the following 1.) from Willow at WillowManor a Special Scribe Award, recognition for my writing - how nice. 2.) from Eleanor at Thatchwick, another dog loving blogger in far away in South Africa, has awarded me the Arte Y Pico and finally 3.) Julie King at Julie King Art has recently deemed 29 Black Street a blog which is Just Plain Fun to Read. Thank you all, for the sweet recognition.

I'm going to mention a good friend and fellow creative gal's new blog The Kei Studio. Visit here and follow her story of transforming a Nova Scotia country church into an artist's studio and gallery and even more tales of life in rural Nova Scotia. And I also stumbled upon this blog - A Field Journal - Wow ! I am stunned by the beauty and talent found here. Her work, her photography and typography ... her blog ... all pure visual yummy-ness. Livy's blog is my new blog of the week.

And finally check out Angry Chicken and her recipe for homemade deodorant complete with this link to a fabulous resource for all kinds of natural stuff. Shea butter, coconut butter, essential oils and so much more and with international shipping.


6 comments:

  1. that's so funny.... I was just over at the Angry Chicken last night. Wondering if her deodorant wouldn't be a tad greasy and ruin clothing. and copying the cracker recipe just to give it a try. Now that I am baking my own bread...why not? The other day we had to eat store bought bread and even though I buy good quality 15 grain stuff when I do... Greg now says "it tastes like flannelette" ..hahahhahha... ....seems we have become spoiled with great crusts and the wonderful flavours of our own lovingly baked multi grain, which is a little more white..but still has grains, texture and best of all..great flavour.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Susan! Thanks so much for leaving a comment at my blog, I'm glad you found it :) I love your blog's banner, old maps are among my favorite things!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such beautifully dreamy flowers, sometimes I miss the country so damn much!

    ReplyDelete
  4. J. you must treat yourself to a bouquet of peonies, put them in a vase on the windowsill and pretend you are in the country. xo S & Winn.

    ReplyDelete
  5. You are entirely welcome, bloggy friend! Your writing is always a joy to read and your pix are always a wonder. I must say, you are having an award winning week! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love those peonies, oh my gosh. If I could have just one flower, I might pick the peony. :) (Oh and - glad you survived Canada Day!)

    ReplyDelete

Hey ! We LOVE comments here at 29 Black Street.
Thanks for stopping by.