archeology

Saturday, January 16, 2010




layers of plaster, paint and bits of tres groovy vintage wallpaper we've (he's) been uncovering

While the cowboy studies and ponders, tinkers and toils with, the history of this old house from the beautiful solid stone foundation to all of her systems, mechanics and engineering I marvel at him, his drive and enthusiasm and his seemingly bottomless well of knowledge, skill and abilities. Sigh ... and I marvel also at the little bits of former style & decor that he's been unearthing.

7 comments:

  1. I like that bright, flowery wallpaper (it is wallpaper, isn't it?). It reminds me of one I had back in the sixties.

    ReplyDelete
  2. interesting, yes like archeology. That print reminds me of Danish tiles in my Nana's house

    ReplyDelete
  3. What wonderful finds! What part of the house is this?

    ReplyDelete
  4. These are fab photos!! Would want to look at this for awhile before covering it over with something new.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow that is crazy beautiful!!!! Go cowboy!

    ReplyDelete
  6. That's fascinating! Did the person you originally bought the house from know much of its previous history?

    ReplyDelete

Hey ! We LOVE comments here at 29 Black Street.
Thanks for stopping by.