blooming

Wednesday, March 31, 2010






geranium, currently waiting patiently in the sunny window of the chocolate brown guestroom

joy and sorrow are inseparable ...
together they come
and when one sits alone with you
remember that the other is asleep upon your bed

Kahlil Gibran

A repeat quote from the man himself ...

I'm so happy that something's finally blooming around here. We're anxiously awaiting this year's eruption of the terracotta gardens- it won't be long now. The daphne and forsythia are in bud, the daffodils and tulips are poking up through last year's leaf litter. And Hey ! I know a man with a chain saw who loves mowing lawns Uh huh ! Uh huh ! s-h-u-t u-p !!!! la beast rouge has a new best friend and I have a gardening partner. This weekend's forecast is for sunshine and warmth and I plan to start cosmos and sweet pea seeds in trays in the, newly cleaned out, sunporch in little peat moss containers. Sighing.

5 comments:

  1. Now, I'd say that was a geranium (pelargonium really) hopping about from foot to foot dying to get going! Your garden plans sound great - and regular lawn mowing to look forward to! Could this be the year that the grand estate comes under control??

    ReplyDelete
  2. Can't wait to see what birds nest in your peat moss containers. Hanging right?

    ReplyDelete
  3. shut up alright! I have frozen water on the birdie bath..a robin hopping up and down on it ...glaring at me through the kitchen on about every third hop...as if it's my fault! I have dead, brown...lumpy stuff that might turn green sometime and look like a lawn....but, come on.... mine is miles away yet! So..yeh...shut up !

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's ALL good, Susan. I am off for an early weekend start for the Easter holiday, so happy Easter to you and yours...enjoy your beautiful weather!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful pictures thanks for posting! Happy Easter :)

    ReplyDelete

Hey ! We LOVE comments here at 29 Black Street.
Thanks for stopping by.