rescued 2

Monday, March 22, 2010


not yet ... but very, very soon - tulip bouquet from the 2009 photo archives

I wanna walk and not run, I wanna skip and not fall

Cowboy take me away
fly this girl as high as you can into the wild blue
set me free oh I pray
closer to heaven above and closer to you

closer to you

Dixie Chicks - Cowboy Take me way

Oliver's purring softly beside me, Missy D's snoring in her bed under my desk and oh the birds - the birds are back and they're up early and have begun their day, a day of nest building in the tress all around this old brick house.

The cowboy and I spent a few hours tromping around the gigantic plot of land that belongs to me, and now to us. The yard and garden that surrounds this old brick house, the largest residential lot in this little village. The overgrown and tangled jungle. I'm afraid he did seem a bit daunted in the beginning. Lots of sighing, and muttering unbelievable in a cranky voice under his breath while he dragged debris to the black steed (97' Ford Ranger pick up truck) parked curbside. Have no fear, I know now that this seemingly discouraged and overwhelmed persona is just a part of his overall process- he's taking in the whole (like he did with the tres scary basement completely filled with crap and inefficient systems), grumbling he's counting the steps involved and he's assigning priorities. He's thinking. I silently dragged debris along behind him, I quietly helped. I left him to his thinking and his pondering and sure enough by the time he and the brown hound returned later in the day for dinner (and a movie*) he'd devised the plan of attack - 4 distinct yard & garden projects all figured out and a place for us to begin.

He's rescued me ... and he tells me that I rescued him.

* The Last King of Scotland - borrowed from the public library

11 comments:

  1. Look! Unbitten tulips! I think you'll like the video I just sent you....

    How wonderful to have a plan for that wild garden of yours - I hope it won't end up too manicured! Small tigers need jungle.....

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just returned from Italy and read about Piper Belle. I am so, so sorry to hear. But so happy that she had the wonderful time with you and the Cowboy and Bess.
    I look forward to seeing the wonders that emerge from your "jungle".

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ah Spring and garden thoughts...enjoy.
    Tail Wags to All.
    ~moose

    ReplyDelete
  4. Why do men always grumble..and then out comes the "other personality" when they think that things are "under control?" You are doing the right thing by just waiting. I am anxious to see the four-part plan.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Girl! Nobody loves a plan better than YOU!!! So all is right with your world again! I know it will all be SPECTACULAR!!!! Can't wait to see it....lots of "in process" pics, please!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. It will be a glorious spring and summer...

    much love

    ReplyDelete
  7. Haha! Loved this post Susan.He's an accomplished doer though!- see my Fri. March 19th post full of dear resigned grumblers, who don't really get into the enjoyment of the planning aspects like Cowboy does! It will give you a laugh.How's he going with that red beastie of a lawnmower - guess it's been too snowy to find out!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Gah! You totally need to rent him out for weddings and bar mitzvahs.

    ReplyDelete

Hey ! We LOVE comments here at 29 Black Street.
Thanks for stopping by.