dogson

Monday, November 15, 2010








big, gorgeous, goofy, gentle sweet Juicy - Miss D and I sure have a big ol' crush on him

I think I may have mentioned back in the summer how Miss D and I were out walking one sunshiny afternoon on our way to our favourite grassy hill overlooking the ocean. Along this daily walk we always pass the big old yellow house on the corner. This particular afternoon the new family (grandma, mama & young daughter) who had recently moved to our little village were all outside working in the yard and with them their gorgeous, giant, galumphing black & white dog. Missy D & I looked at each other and said "Let's go introduce ourselves to that dog".

His name is Juicy and we love him
and the family ? well, they've become like our family.

I made dog cookies this weekend. So easy and very popular.


10 comments:

  1. Love that Juicy!

    Would you post or provide a link to your dog cookie recipe. I make one with eggs and tuna. This one looks good and crunchy. Riley thanks you in advance.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Blue Heron & Riley - if you click on the red words dog cookies in this post it links to the recipe (and variations). They are very crunchy, super easy and very cheap to make.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Susan - is that a painted floor in those photos? Gorgeous. I've always wanted to make a floor cloth and that would be a beautiful design. If only I could draw a straight line. Beautiful dog! Penny (Halifax)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Penny it's a painted bamboo rug
    Pier1.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. i LOVE the light in the last photo. so wonderful :)

    xo Alison

    ReplyDelete
  6. It is wonderful how pets, especially dogs, can bring people together. Introductions and conversations are so much easier when first focused on a dog. Love that flooring too!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Susan - I love it! But I wonder how durable the bamboo would be under my dining room table. I wonder if it could withstand the chairs moving over it.

    ReplyDelete
  8. such sweet face!
    I need to try those cookies!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. you actually make those? I am sure they are excellent for the dogs that is but how do you know for sure? do they relish them with every bite? :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love your blog! Love your doggies!Next year I'm coming to Nova Scotia to decide which bit to retire to. There will definitely be a dog in our lives. Maybe a Nova Scotian Duck Toller. Life out there sounds good!

    ReplyDelete

Hey ! We LOVE comments here at 29 Black Street.
Thanks for stopping by.