now that I've found love ...

Monday, November 29, 2010


winter has arrived ... gradually, softly, gently

At this point in my life
I'd like to live as if only love mattered
As if redemption was in sight
As if the search to live honestly
Is all that anyone needs
No matter if you find it

Tracy Chapman

now that I've found love ... safety + security
aside from wishing for fame + fortune, or at least a self sustaining creative business
the next big thing on my list of desires is balance

balance, at this point in my life ... I'm not sure I even know what that would look like
but I do know it's worth investigating








the song I'm singin' this early morning

6 comments:

  1. Balance...wow...you nailed it for me today. I've been struggling to find balance all of my 58 years. It seems the world around me is in such constant flux...I'm not sure there is a way to find balance. Love is all I think I need, and if it's unconditional...then the one's we love will take us at whatever our scales are tipping at. At least I hope....
    For me it seems all of life is a juggling act. Somehow my animals seem to ground me.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You always share the most delicious photos, Susan! Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  3. i'm entranced by the first photo. perfect :)

    xo Alison

    ReplyDelete
  4. TOTALLY love Tracey Chapman. Oh yeah!!

    I'm still struggling to find balance in my life. Ugh. I have, however, made some New Year's resolutions. So come on life change and LOVE! :D wEeeee. Thank you for always inspiring me to be my very best.

    Much love. xo

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oooooh, i love that verison of the song. so funky.

    Blance---hmmm---what a good thing to strive for--so do you know what is on each end for which to balance out? Your life amazes me and gives me such inspiration, Susan. you will never know the hours and hours of joy your simple white pages with gorgeous design and heartfelt writing have moved me, touched me deeply and inspired me no end.

    I look forward to reading this next stage of life for you.
    Love the 3rd pic down in particular, btw.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Do you think that perhaps balance would mean the end of creativity? Could balance be over rated?

    I wonder whether true inspiration and artistic work can only come from a touch of insanity, which might be Unbalance...

    ReplyDelete

Hey ! We LOVE comments here at 29 Black Street.
Thanks for stopping by.