pinch me again

Tuesday, November 23, 2010


beautiful exposed layers of past lives in the sunny stairwell - I must rescue them

before, during and les plan

A few before and during shots of the fabulous built in home entertainment centre. Ya know the one that runs the length of one whole wall and will hold everything ! all tucked away behind drawers and doors and cabinets. The man, that man - my Prince of All Things Good is a maniac. Work, work, work ... he loves it so. Meanwhile me and the Associates* are happily ensconced on the second level (at Creative Empire Building Central) doin' the same - work, work, work and lovin' it also. Sigh. What a perfect pair we are. Pinch me again please.

Here's a photo of les Plan and Hey ! + Hooray ! it's clementine season again.

* that would be all 4 of the Susan Black Design Associates - Oliver (head cat & Creative Director), BleetNess (the brains of this organization), Miss D (my partner in crime) and Samuel (our new & terrific studio mascot). Virgil, our semi feral boy and always AWOL, is likely sleeping down in the basement high atop the Saturn boiler keeping a lookout for les mice.




11 comments:

  1. Pinch me, too. It's unbelievable.....

    ReplyDelete
  2. The thing (or I should one of the many, many things) that is amazing is - since I have lived in this house 17.5 years I have always felt that that particular empty wall was just waiting for a floor to ceiling, entire wall built in beast.

    The moral(s) of les story.

    - patience is indeed a virtue
    - good things "do" come (eventually)
    - one day your Prince (or Princess) with a pick up truck and plus de power tools "will" come.

    Sigh -ing

    painting tiny flowers & swirls all day - what could be better than that ?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I remember you wishing for a Prince with power tools. So happy that he's come at last. Wow! Amazing things happening at 29 Black Street. Such a great team... you, the Prince, and all of the Associates!

    ReplyDelete
  4. The wall with past lives exposed reminds me of this quote
    " Old paint on canvas, as it ages, sometimes becomes transparent. When that happens it is possible in some pictures, to see the original lines: a tree will show through a woman's dress, a child makes way for a dog, a large boat is no longer on an open sea. That is called pentimento because the painter 'repented,' changed his mind. Perhaps, it would be as well to say that the old conception, replaced by a later choice, is a way of seeing and then seeing again. That is all I mean about the people in this book. The paint has aged now and I wanted to see what was there for me once, what is there for me now." —Lillian Hellman "Pentimento"

    ReplyDelete
  5. The building of your entertainment center is quite entertaining.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow, your man is making great progress! And I love the plan. Perfect for the space and what storage space it will give you - HEAVEN to this Brooklyn apartment dweller.

    ReplyDelete
  7. You are really blessed with your handy man package!!! :D hee hee SO happy for you. xo

    ReplyDelete
  8. It IS wonderful and you are going to be so blessed when that is all done. I am so glad for you. What a handy man in deed your cowboy is. He is blessed to have you as well--artists extraordinaire.

    hope you had a good xmas and will have a joy filled new year! But....can it get any more so? :)

    ReplyDelete

Hey ! We LOVE comments here at 29 Black Street.
Thanks for stopping by.