sam he is

Tuesday, November 2, 2010


les first photo of Sam snoozing yesterday afternoon on the floor of my studio/office

Sam I am
I am Sam
I am Sam
Sam I am

Dr Seuss

Sam he is. Mr. Retriever/shepherd mix about 70-80 lbs, gentle, sweet, calm, likes cats, follows us everywhere, loves people and thinks Missy D is quite a catch. He slept on my studio/office floor yesterday afternoon after his first long walk around the streets of this little village. We met him at our nearby shelter Saturday and picked him up yesterday morning after signing his adoption papers. He's just a dream dog and has fit into our life and home with remarkable ease. We still can't quite believe it. Welcome to your new home Mr. Sam I am.

17 comments:

  1. He's lovely..... and we are delighted to see a new addition to the family. Welcome to blog world, Sam!

    From the First Members of the Sam e-Fan Club

    ReplyDelete
  2. Rachel beat me to it. Lovely dog. Maybe some intercontinental conversation between Sam and Flossie as there currently is between Millie and Oliver?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sam is lovely, look at that face! And lucky boy to be adopted by your family. More photos, please!

    ReplyDelete
  4. oh, Susan, what a catch! He's marvelous. I just love that broad, flat space between his eyes. Joy, joy, joy to you all.

    ReplyDelete
  5. He is an unbelievable doll !!
    We are pinching ourselves.

    ReplyDelete
  6. He is tres handsome. I'm so happy for you and Miss Winnie.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sam is a lucky dog to get adopted into such a loving family, and lucky you for finding such a sweetie. Welcome to the les Gang!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Sam, you have only begun to discover how lucky you are to have landed at 29 Black Street :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Sam sounds like me, except for the 70-80 lbs part. Congratulations on this newest addition to the family! I look forward to learning more about Sam.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love him and I want to bring Goldie to visit him this afternoon! What time shall we come over?

    ReplyDelete
  11. I TOTALLY LOVE Sam, sweet Susan. Awwww....ADORE. Would you give him a few squeezes for me?

    Much love to you. xo

    ReplyDelete
  12. good for you and les gang, susan! sam looks wonderful!!! i get bella and zoe every other weekend (joint custody) plus one night a week. i had them last night and it makes my heart sing and then kills me when i have to give them back.

    ReplyDelete
  13. were you planning to get him or did it just take one visit to the poud to fall in love? Beautiful dog, for certain. that is one very very blessed doggie. :)

    ReplyDelete

Hey ! We LOVE comments here at 29 Black Street.
Thanks for stopping by.