recent days

Thursday, February 10, 2011





















tulips shots of colour from les archives, the rest from our recent days

loving ...

all the sculptures formed by wind and snow
the bluest skies I can ever remember
pots of tea in the afternoon while thinking of our friends in NuT
MLou always
that Prince, who keeps the fires tended and the paths + driveway beautifully shovelled
hearts + pinks + reds
the chocolate brown nest of a bedroom
my ever present sidekicks Oliver + Miss D
soft boiled eggs chopped in a cup with whole wheat toast soldiers
oranges + clementines
Julia Cameron's books The Artist's Way & A Vein of Gold - I'm awestruck by the depth of content
this recently watched movie, Infamous borrowed from our library - we both loved it
Shaggy xoxoxo
thinking of Spring, of seeds & gardening
zinnias, poppies, sweet peas + cosmos ... to name a few and this year growing vegetables too !
my painting e-course - which continues to be fantastic !!

6 comments:

  1. its closed! the class is closed.

    we got snow today not big like yours. I always enjoy the juxtaposition of hot flower colors and cool snow. and the animals. Liked your home work -thats a lot of ultramarine/lavender hue for you! i like the suggestion of trees.

    went to flickr to look for get your paint on group page -not up yet -if it ever will be -but a few artists had that tag and i could see their stuff too.

    did you submit to uppercase your flowers yet?

    ReplyDelete
  2. hey Chick ! They do plan to have a second course later in the year. The flickr group is private. I will post all my paintings here. Uppercase submission and ruthless iphoto editing & filing the only thing(s) on my to-do list today xo S + les Gang

    we have a ton of sneaky snow - no big productions, blizzards, squalls or storms this winter is stealthy and arrives in the night gently & quietly while we are sleeping. The village is all a chatter about where to puts the next nocturnal accumulation - it won't end until nearly April and then some ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. You got her to smile BIG, so happy to see. She is such a cutie. I love blue sky photos. I find myself outside shooting on those gorgeous blue sky days.

    I saw a dog like Miss D at the vet the other day. I was picking up some medication and there was Hank, who looked like a young handsome suiter, with longer ear and muzzle hair. Winnie would be his Cougar. Woof!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You have such a talent for photography, Susan! I especially loved the one with Miss D in profile...looks like she's cruising somewhere warm and exotic!

    ReplyDelete
  5. That Oliver really makes my heart melt, not that I don't think Miss D isn't just as adorable but at heart I'm a besotted cat lover. I just wanted to tell you how beautifully cold and austere your winter landscapes are - completely foreign to my unbearably hot Cape Town! I enjoy looking at your artwork and collages so much, your creativity leaves me breathless.

    ReplyDelete
  6. beautiful photos!! love see all those snow views!!
    enjoy the season!

    ReplyDelete

Hey ! We LOVE comments here at 29 Black Street.
Thanks for stopping by.