dreaming

Tuesday, August 9, 2011






light, love & cheery cosmos

Our truest life is when we are in dreams awake

Henry David Thoreau

I guess I've always be a dreamy person, happy to hang out endlessly in my head. I've always had big, bold dreams and was, still am, able to plan & visualize them often in remarkable detail. My dreaming has served me well over the years. I grew up in a small university town and dreamed of living in the big city - before I turned 30 I had lived in Calgary, Toronto, Montreal & Halifax. While living and working the fairly fast paced life in Toronto I dreamed of owning an older home near the ocean, of having a large garden and a dog or two. I worked then as a graphic designer, a career I loved still I dreamed of one day being an illustrator, an artist although at that time I couldn't draw.

While living in my beautiful old brick house with my view of the ocean, my gigantic yard & garden happily with my pack of three dogs I worked full time at a vibrant & thriving giftware company in my tiny village by the sea and I dreamed of one day being self employed. I dreamed of an etsy shop, I dreamed of recognition & validation for my creative work. I dreamed of feeling that I was on the right path & after years and years of living alone, of being single, and eventually being very lonely ... I dreamed of love. Big, huge love.

My dreams continue on - some tiny, some huge and they all begin in bits and pieces, fragments of ideas & thoughts, fluttering and floating around in my head until they begin lining up ... waiting to come true. Anything & everything really is possible ... but you must believe it to be so.

Throw your dreams into the sky like a kite,
you do not know what they will bring back,
a new life, a new friend, a new love, a new country.

Anais Nin

5 comments:

  1. How beautiful and serene is that first photo?

    I don't think of it so much as dreaming big as dreaming right.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's one hell of a study in self-realization! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. The thing that's so interesting Chez, looking back, is at the time each and every one of those dreams seemed very much like a big ol' unattainable pipe dream ... somehow that never stopped me from continuing to hope & dream.

    If it can happen to me ...

    xo :) s & miss d (of course)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks - I needed this reminder - to dream exactly what seems too big...

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is the kind of entry that makes me come back here time and time again.Lately dreaming big or small seemed like a luxury my heart couldn't afford but hope and dreams are really the only things that keep us going.

    ReplyDelete

Hey ! We LOVE comments here at 29 Black Street.
Thanks for stopping by.