fish truck friday 4

Friday, August 5, 2011






another barbecued whole arctic char - simply cooked with salt, pepper & slices of lemon

This week since Doug (le Prince) also bought a hunk of fresh tuna so he could make tuna sushi, he's mad about tuna - me not so much. I decided to keep with the Asian theme and made myself a ginger-orange-sesame-wasabi dressing to go with my arctic char. With a bed of perfect green to go with , sauteed baby spinach & asparagus, everything drizzled with orangey ginger goodness. The bottom photo is of a salad lunch version, left over fish, veggies on a bed of shaved cabbage.

orange ginger dressing *

1 orange juice and zest (finely minced)
1 1-2" knob of fresh ginger (finely minced)
1/4 cup canola oil
2-3 tbsp. rice wine vinegar
2-3 tbsp. soy sauce
1 tbsp. sesame oil
wasabi paste or powder to taste
minced fresh garlic (optional)
splash of fish sauce (optional)

put everything in a small jar and shake vigorously

* I don't really ever measure these ingredients so you made need to taste & adjust as you go


All I can hear is the sound of a tree filled with birds just outside my studio window - hooray !!!

2 comments:

  1. They all look lovely but the mind is still reeling at the thought of you not enjoying tuna. I'm not sure how the cats allow you to stay in the house.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yum. Oh. Yum. I love how you've been taking your food pics among the construction. Cool.

    ReplyDelete

Hey ! We LOVE comments here at 29 Black Street.
Thanks for stopping by.