what I want ...

Thursday, January 26, 2012



Love sweet love - 8x10 giclee for sale & I Freaking Love You design for American Greetings

Last night I got a quick email from one of the women I've been working with at American Greetings - she just wanted me to know that my freaking love you card was now the No.3 top selling card of ALL the cards on their cardshop.com site - hullo !! They found my work on etsy and contacted me asking me if I could create them a card (with their words + they were very open to any suggestions I might have) that had the look, the feel & the colour palette of my love sweet love typographic collage drawing (top image). Here is how the No.3 top selling card looks on their site - they made one tiny change from my original- the yellow letters became aqua I think to make the word "love" just a wee bit more readable & perhaps to make it less feminine.

Same thing below - they asked me if I could design a you rock card based on the look, feel & colour palette of my Love Lives Here No. 1 typographic collage. You'll notice both greetings cards include my signature at the bottom left, Hooray for them for wanting me to ultimately have credit. I've since done another card for them that will go live March 1st - have no fear you'll be the first to know + see that new card ... so. What do I want ?

I want more collaborations like this one. I want to work with people who hire me because they love my work, love my style, love who I am, they don't want to exploit me or my designs in any way, they want to give me credit, pay me well (& fast), they always have reasonable deadlines & crystal clear direction + they are a joy to work with. Welcome !! more of you please.

I also want an ipad & a food processor (I know, I know ya can't believe anyone who cooks as much as me doesn't have a freakin' food processor (what's up with that?) the constant smashing of ginger snaps to keep the Prince in pumpkin pies - is making me dream of an FP - an essential cookie crushing, crumb making tool ya never know M. Universe may be listening & taking notes.




Love lives here No.1 - 8x10 giclee for sale & You Rock ! design for American Greetings

11 comments:

  1. Fist pump!!!
    #3 with a bullet!!! I've got goosebumps. I'm so proud.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey hey! Congratulations there, Mademoiselle de Noir! Nice to see all your hard work paying off (quite literally), huh? Here's to a creatively lucrative 2012! x0 n

    ReplyDelete
  3. You Rock, you do! (and definitely deserve a rocking FP!)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey merci you guys!!

    & blue heron ?!? I know I definitely see an FP in my very near future. The Prince - who is lovingly, amazingly, dedicated-ly ;-) daily renovating our castle - is never without that amazing low fat, low sugar pumpkin pie, (he LOVES it) I make a lotta pies & I smash a lotta gingersnaps - listen can ya hear ??

    wwrrrrrrrhhhhhhhh
    wwrrrrrrrhhhhhhhh
    wwrrrrrrrhhhhhhhh

    the ipad can probably wait - my bday is July I'm savin' up to treat myself xos

    ReplyDelete
  5. C'mon people, let's get Susan to NUMBER 1!!! (like she is in our hearts)

    Little secret - didn't get a food processor until last year. I LOVE it.

    Let's hear it for the TTD Empire.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Susan, so many people have a food processor gathering dust in a kitchen cupboard... Get a Wanted notice put up in your post office, or on freecycle, and see what happens!

    ReplyDelete
  7. yippee...number three! that is great and not a bit surprising. I love your signature on the bottom. It is there but does not get in the way, looks great, and credit where credit is due

    ReplyDelete
  8. Congratulations Susan. I am not surprised! That is wonderful.. XO Joni

    ReplyDelete
  9. Woot ! Woot !

    P.S. Don't have a food processor -- unless that's what you call a blender ?

    ReplyDelete
  10. I freakin' love this post! Also all the cards. I'm totally in that target market. Congrats Susan, and bring on the food processor!

    ReplyDelete
  11. this is wonderful news....congrats! Lovely, lovely cards!!

    ReplyDelete

Hey ! We LOVE comments here at 29 Black Street.
Thanks for stopping by.