comfort

Tuesday, April 24, 2012










































You Rock My World - 8 x 10 mixed media collage - still a work in progress I think

There is here no measuring with time, no year matters, and ten years are nothing. Being an artist means, not reckoning and counting, but ripening like the tree which does not force it's sap and stands confident in the storms of Spring without the fear that after them may come no Summer. It does come. I learn it daily, learn it with pain to which I am grateful…

Rainer Maria Rilke 

Working all day at the TTD* on a fabulous big jewellery design project - hooray !  & more Rainer 


Whoever you are: some evening take a step out of your house, 
which you know so well. Enormous space is near.

Rainer Maria Rilke 


*Teak topped desk

5 comments:

  1. Excellent on the jewelry project.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice work, as always! I have a favorite Rilke quote stuck up on my wall next to my desk even now.

    ReplyDelete
  3. looking forward to your new jewelry design project goodness!
    tail wags,
    ~moose

    ReplyDelete
  4. The fabulous big jewellery design project sounds so exciting!
    There is a lot in that last quote. My dad who is in his mid 80's now,even when I was growing up, has never been an "enormous space" sort of person. He has missed out on so much!!Actually he "escaped" AWOL recently and became lost in it!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. "You rock my world" looks pretty finished to me ! I love it !

    ReplyDelete

Hey ! We LOVE comments here at 29 Black Street.
Thanks for stopping by.