battle royale

Sunday, June 24, 2012




































this early morning - my walk along the harbour boardwalk with sweet-as-can-be Missy Darn D.

Perfectionism may look good in his shiny shoes, 
but he’s a little bit of an asshole, 
and no one invites him to their pool parties.

Ze Frank

let all listen & watch this together

Sorry I'm so quiet. Sorry I've been missing days here at my daily blog. There's a freakin' battle royale goin' on dans my head, you know the one between Demon Girl & Madam Invincible. I have a lot on my plate and it's never a matter of can? or can't I? do it.  I have complete confidence that I can and will get all my projects done and on time (they're all deadline sensitive & honestly I do love a deadline 'cause it's a sure dither killer & those darn dithers must be eliminated ASAP). I've been doing variations of this job, successfully more or less, for a very, very long time but ...

the battle is over how freakin' fantastic can I do each piece ?  how breathtakingly perfect can each illustration be ? I'm trying to stop myself from all this excess fret, worry & anxiety - hence the battle - but I tell ya it is tough. Hey !! take this Demon Girl - merci Ze !!

So if I'm I'm kinda quiet for the next week or so ...

Bedside reading - hope it helps + this very interesting novel
Seems a suitable song for this Sunday  - Rockin ' On here at the TTD*



* teak topped desk


3 comments:

  1. No worries. I don't know how you daily bloggers do it ! I'm retired and I can't blog every day.

    Your artwork is wonderful. I KNOW you're gonna be successful.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Bedside reading always calms my mind. i like the Ze Frank quote.

    ReplyDelete
  3. My mother used to have a saying "Better is the enemy of good" for those occasions when trying too hard was counter-productive.

    Perfection? Pah! No such thing.

    ReplyDelete

Hey ! We LOVE comments here at 29 Black Street.
Thanks for stopping by.