this is all there is

Friday, October 26, 2012
















































on the corner of Water & Black 6pm / gulls / flaming maple / hydrangea / more nasturtiums / starlings early morning / clematis seed head / from the boardwalk at dusk

Live with intention.
Walk to the edge.
Listen hard.
Practice wellness.
Play with abandon.
Laugh.
Choose with no regret.
Appreciate your friends.
Continue to learn.
Do what you love.
Live as if this is all there is.

Mary Anne Radmacher

eating - lots of seasonal local apples & pears & the best ugly chicken ! (recipe with photos soon)
sipping on - David's Tea, I'm a recent convert (also more detailed post coming) current fave - Chocolate Rocket
laughing at/with - Tim Minchin introduced to me this past weekend by best friend & designer gal MLou
watching - Next Top Model Cycle 19 (what's up with that) & We Need to Talk About Kevin* - disturbing, disturbing
smelling - new LUSH moisturizer, fancy tea blends & musty fallen leaves - what's better than the smell of Autumn ?
reading - Where'd You Go Bernadette (very Jonathan Franzen & that's a good thing) & The Story of Earth: The First 4.5 Billion Years, from Stardust to Living Planet  - paints so many angsty things in my life with a fresh perspective
loving - my twice daily photography walks, crunching through leaves with my gal Missy D
listening to - CBC radio 1, especially Q & creative entrepreneur interviews at Smart Creative Women
working on - my new Etsy things including 2013 Botanica calendar and a brand NEW 2013 Lil' Owl calendar
learning - to treat myself with lots of tlc, who'da thought that could be so challenging but I'm finally gettin the hang of it
realizing - (with a big Phew) that most of my work life overwhelm is around the little things - lots of clerical stuff - emails, inventory management, ordering supplies + keeping on top of marketing myself etc ...  I think I can get a handle on it
treating myself to - daily 3pm tea breaks away from my desk & little bits of yoga - ya huh ! feels so good !
signed up for - Deepak Chopra FREE 21 Day Meditation Challenge

* have tried 3 times to read the book - think I'll give it one more shot - I've felt afraid to read it

4 comments:



  1. ..really breathtaking light!
    as strong as ours,
    in Athens these days..!

    ReplyDelete
  2. How civilized of you to schedule tea into your daily routine. Tea or tea with tea cakes? Don't disappoint Rachel.

    Seeing those long shadows in photo #1 reminded me of the Chiclet's sunrise routine. Made me laugh.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You take THE most amazing photographs!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I need to get more organized ... you're inspiring me ...

    ReplyDelete

Hey ! We LOVE comments here at 29 Black Street.
Thanks for stopping by.