more green love

Sunday, August 11, 2013











elm / Sam & Winnie D doin' some diggin' / queen anne's lace from below / our fenced in back haven / queen anne's lace from atop / itty bitty Betty / 29 Black street side / sweetness / queen anne's lace going to seed / my girl Miss D

Perhaps all the dragons in our lives are princesses who are only waiting to see us act, just once, with beauty and courage. Perhaps everything that frightens us is, in its deepest essence, something helpless that wants our love.

Rainer Maria Rilke

so ... what's new with me ?

the summer has been blowing by us at top, top speed as usual and it feels like my life has been so chock full of fantastic creative work & learning  opportunities with loads more coming at me this fall or 3rd 3rd of my calendar year. Beginning early in June I participated in Part A of Lilla Roger's amazing e-course Make Art that Sells (part B begins early October). Then a mid July deadline for MagnetWorks - 3 new designs (formatted horizontally & vertically - thank you Photoshop !) to fit garden flags, mats, mailbox covers and a smaller size yard sign. I ran an all day collage/mixed media workshop July 20th, with 6 people we had a blast. I created 3 new greeting card designs another excellent customer of mine Madison Park (Hey look  ! they have a new cards by Susan Black section on their website - Shut Up !). And I'm currently finishing up another 3 (secret for now) designs for Studio M a division of MagnetWorks & after that I plan to redo Flora Bowley's amazing Bloom True e-course, do myself some more brave intuitive painting (I have access to the class content until August 28th), spend at least 2 weeks dreaming up my own new, just for me, creative work (2014 calendars etc.) - my mind has been a whirl with new ideas, schemes & dreams ... as I'm sure you might imagine. Then September - the end of 2013 it's non stop a go-go with more e-courses and big, lovely, multi-design, amazing Susan Black gift, home decor & possibly fabric collections with 2 brand new customers - stay tuned ;-)

I've also been wrestling my many demons, actually I'm trying to not wrestle with them (I keep forgetting no wrestling) but to imagine instead that they might be Princesses, befriending them, accepting them, forgiving them, loving them ... by far the hardest work on my plate. Hard because it takes so much practice & self awareness, hard because it is counter intuitive for our species I think to approach negative thinking in this new way but I believe with all my heart that it is the path ... my path to more peace, serenity & ease.

4 comments:

  1. Your garden is a picture, I must plant more small trees. The light in your skies is more gentle than that here in Australia, so the greens and blues take on a different hue, more beautiful.
    Wonderful images of flowers, Betty, Sam and Missy D.
    Congrats on all of your new projects dear Susan.
    I like the idea of befriending our demons,accepting them and forgiving them ...that is how I cope with the sadness in my life but sometimes it is not easy.
    xoxoxo ♡

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dianne thank you always for your loving & supportive comments. Have you heard of Gabrielle Bernstein ? link below - she has written a book which is a hip, much easier to grasp, amazing version of the famous book "A Course in Miracles" - she has tons of video segments/presentations on youtube as well and her newest book "May Cause Miracles" is literally changing my life. If you don't know about her already I would recommend checking her out.

    Coping with sadness is very hard, incredibly hard ... at times - this new book has really helped me to view most feelings, thoughts & emotions in a much more loving and gentler way. Much love to you & your dear cats xoxo S = Gang

    http://gabbyb.tv

    ReplyDelete
  3. Busy fun times for you by the sound of it. Yay it's wonderful to hear things are humming along nicely. I saw this image and it reminded me if your style : http://pinterest.com/pin/154459462193094452/

    ReplyDelete
  4. It appears that someone has started digging a hole.

    ReplyDelete

Hey ! We LOVE comments here at 29 Black Street.
Thanks for stopping by.