sweet salvation(s)

Wednesday, November 20, 2013


from less archives - Oliver (in his office attire) + library books + my journal … hot face clothes & other sweet salvations & Anne Lamott who I am currently madly in love with

I have a lot of faith. But I am also afraid a lot, and have no real certainty about anything. I remembered something Father Tom had told me--that the opposite of faith is not doubt, but certainty. Certainty is missing the point entirely. Faith includes noticing the mess, the emptiness and discomfort, and letting it be there until some light returns.

Anne Lamott






comfort cat  & supreme office mate

2 comments:

  1. You are such a tease. I wanna know what le big job is ... (stomping foot).

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely words from Anne Lamott, these wise words help us through our days. I often wonder where these people gained such wisdom.
    Beautiful photo of Oliver, cats arealways comfort; I have been sewing and Lily my cat has been my constant companion.
    love and hugs dear Susan
    xoxoxo ♡

    ReplyDelete

Hey ! We LOVE comments here at 29 Black Street.
Thanks for stopping by.