that nutty granola

Thursday, June 5, 2014








the very best nutty granola that I've ever tasted ! of course I combined gardening & making granola last Saturday ;-)

I adapted my recipe from one of Molly Wizenberg's @ Orangette's granola recipes. I'm one of those cooks who uses a recipe as a guideline (at best) and I'm not so good at measuring - I usually eye ball quantities and measurements so if you're feeling insecure about a dash of this and a dump of that I'd suggest following one of Molly's recipes. I'm kinda guessing here at my quantities ;-)

that (best) nutty granola

3 cups oats
1 cup roughly chopped pecans
1 cup sliced almonds
1/2 cup chopped unsalted cashews
1 cup unsalted pumpkin seeds
1 cup of maple syrup
1 tbsp salt
1-2 tbsp cinnamon
1- 2 tsp vanilla
1 tsp almond extract

1 cup of raisins (add after baking)
1 package of toasted coconut chips (add after baking)

Add everything but the raisins & already toasted coconut chips to a bowl and mix well. Spread onto 2 large cookie sheets/pizza pans. Bake in a 300 degree oven for an hour. Stirring & flipping granola every 15 minutes. Let cool on pans. Add raisins & coconut chips (I love coconut and these toasted chips made this granola), store in jars (or extra in freezer). Yum !

* Molly has a brand new book I'm anxious to read Delancey, her other book A Homemade Life is amazing !

3 comments:

  1. Oh my, that granola looks so good!! Thanks for sharing the recipe. As usual, great photos!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh it looks and sounds so yummy AND it's VEGAN to boot ! Woot ! Gotta give it a try. Thanks kiddo.

    ReplyDelete
  3. ooo, I was waiting for this!!! And thank you for the book recommendations, too. Haven't been reading enough lately...

    ReplyDelete

Hey ! We LOVE comments here at 29 Black Street.
Thanks for stopping by.